You’ll be responsible to proactively drive our marketing activities in close collaboration with our teams for sales, service delivery and product development. This means that you’ll be:
- Developing our customer and partner community around SciCloud
- Ensuring we have a consistent, frequent and clear messaging, with a grain of fun, throughout all our communication channels (website, social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Elaborating creative and inspiring marketing material together with our design agency
- Organising and marketing the events and workshops we conduct or participate in
- Conducting market research to ensure our communication is well-targeted
To ensure an excellent and effective marketing, you should be able to stay up-to-date with latest trends in the research and publishing domain.
A hands-on, creative team player with a passion for communication and experienced in getting people to love a brand.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in hands-on marketing of web-based solutions.
- Proven track-record of pro-actively driving new initiatives efficiently to successfully build a strong brand and an engaged user community.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- University degree in an area related to marketing and communication.
- Experience of the research and publishing domain.
- Ability to communicate and produce material in Arabic, and in any further language.
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we are building SciCloud, the next generation platform bringing scientists, librarians and research managers together in a novel approach to research discovery, publishing and community engagement.
We’re a passionate team of 20+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a bit easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to advancing the research front to the benefit for all of us. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through an increasing number of dynamic research institutions turning to us for our new services, including publishing, discovery and capacity-building training that we are now bringing to the next level through SciCloud.
For SciCloud we leverage leading edge technology in an open collaboration with the Coko Foundation and a range of other innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform will be released early 2017, after private beta testing with leading research institutions.
We’re now extending the team in Dubai with a hands-on Marketing Executive to build an active community around SciCloud. We are looking for team members who get things done, not like talking about getting things done.
We offer competitive salary and great benefits like healthcare, housing and schooling allowances, a flexible vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid and inspiring views of Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.