You’ll be responsible for the support towards our clients. This includes the day-to-day response to any support queries as well as providing a proactive support service by elaborating documentation, training material and developing library guides. In addition, you will be responsible for on-boarding new clients and providing capacity building training online and onsite from time to time.
To deliver an excellent customer support experience, you should bring an extensive experience from the library and publishing domain and be able to stay up-to-date with the latest relevant trends and technologies.
Tech savvy with a lot of drive and are passionate about making customers happy with the services you provide and are able to make them all feel they are special to you.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least five years experience of providing support services at research libraries, in scientific publishing or of Software Solutions
- Excellent skills in writing and developing well-structured user guides and other support documentation
- Fluent in English
- University degree, for example in Information Science, preferably related to Library Services or Publishing.
- Experience of successfully carrying out trainings online and onsite, and developing exciting training material, especially videos and interactive guides
- Experience of library catalogue systems, research discovery, digital libraries and publishing.
- Experience of e-resource management
- Experience of Authentication Systems
- Experience as EBSCO Discovery Services (admin) / Summon (admin)
- Experience as Link Resolver admin
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we are building the next generation platform bringing scientists, librarians and research managers together in a novel approach to research discovery, publishing and community engagement.
We’re a passionate team of 20+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a bit easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to advancing the research front to the benefit for all of us on our little planet. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new, dynamic research institutions turning to us for our more recent publishing, discovery and capacity-building training services.
We leverage leading edge technology in an open collaboration with the Coko Foundation and a range of other innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform will be released early 2017, after private beta testing with leading research institutions.
We’re now extending the development team with a Creative UX/UI Expert, a Data Scientist with extensive AI and Machine Learning experience, a Senior Frontend Developer, and a Support Specialist. We are looking for team members who get things done, not like talking about getting things done, and we invest in technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, not just because they’re cool or because we feel comfortable in them.
We offer competitive salary and great benefits like healthcare, housing and schooling allowances, a flexible vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid and inspiring views of Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.