We are looking for a Business Development Manager to support business growth processes in order to increase efficiency and profitability of the electronic library resources and digital libraries new and renewal sales in institutional library markets.
The ideal candidate focuses on the development and growth of the business by building top level relationships in the industry, identifying opportunities, and completing business deals. You combine strategic thinking and execution which will enable the business to reach set targets. You will be responsible for analysing and developing sales strategies to increase efficiency and profitability, as well as managing strategic development of business plans. This means that you will:
- Lead the gathering of relevant statistical information as well as conduct analyses for improved strategy formulation and informed decision-making
- Establish and manage strategic business development partnerships and client relationships
- Manage selected publisher’s relations, including negotiations
- Generation of impactful proposals
- Work with the marketing team in creating engaging content that will serve to attract prospects
A highly energised and motivated individual, who is able to stay focused in times of uncertainty and stress, inspiring the same in the team. You are a go-getter who is adoptive to change.
- In-depth knowledge of the publishing industry
- Proven track record of high performance
- Creative, problem solving skills, thinks out of the box
- Pipeline management
- Business performance, market and competitive analyses
- Related international experience in the academic library consortia and corporate sales markets with a scholarly publisher, subscription agency, or library-buying consortium.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven knowledge and execution of successful development strategies
- Focused and goal-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Knowledge E
Established in 2012, Knowledge E’s name was fast to become synonymous with collaboration, professionalism and innovation. Head-quartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and supported by a team of 30 highly engaged professionals, Knowledge E works closely with over 100 clients world-wide from various types of organisations and government entities within the research and education sector to support their continued innovation and development. This is achieved by providing leading expertise, information resources and software solutions. Since its inception, Knowledge E has prudently expanded its expertise, services and technology in line with its vision of developing ‘a more knowledgeable world’.
Knowledge E’s three core offerings are the 3D’s; ‘Discover’, ‘Develop’ and ‘Disseminate’. ‘Discover’ through the KnE Digital Library Solutions powered by Zendy for research literature discovery, as well as tailored content packages; ‘Develop’ through the KnE Learning Programmes, supporting capacity building and skills development within academia as well as the KnE Consulting Projects, serving universities on their mission to become ‘world-class universities’; and ‘Disseminate’ through the KnE Publishing Services and the platform for Open Access publishing of regional journals and conference proceedings.
We are now extending the team in Dubai with a Business Development Manager. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and get things done. We invest in people and technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, and we expect any applicant to be very service minded. We offer a competitive compensation, including great benefits like healthcare, housing allowance and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid views over Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.