About the role
Based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the Account Manager – Medical Sales will actively seek sales of clinical and medical e-resources from new customers in the Gulf region, primarily hospitals and medical universities, and develop the existing portfolio of Knowledge E clients in the medical sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management queries, working alongside a Sales Support Executive
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting and trusted advisor client relationships with new and existing customers; explore their needs and objectives
- Develop specific sales strategies for each account, in collaboration with a Sales Support Executive
- Set up and attend a minimum of 12 customer appointments per month; after each appointment record meeting notes in Knowledge E’s CRM system
- Send sales proposals to institutions and record them in Knowledge E’s CRM system
- On behalf of publishers, negotiate subscriptions to clinical and medical content with existing customers and prospects
- In conjunction with the Commercial Director, liaise with Knowledge E Marketing department in order to create and execute marketing plans to generate qualified leads
- Individuate areas of improvement to meet annual sales targets and collaborate with the whole Knowledge E sales team to identify growth opportunities within territory
- Clearly communicate ongoing progress of sales vs annual targets to the Commercial Director
Skills and experience:
- 3-5 years of sales experience in the academic publishing and/or the pharmaceutical industry desirable, but not essential
- Fluency in English essential; spoken Arabic desirable
- Degree in a medical-related subject will be advantageous
- Willingness to travel essential
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we are building the next generation platform bringing scientists, librarians and research managers together in a novel approach to research discovery, publishing and community engagement.
We’re a passionate team of 20+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a bit easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to advancing the research front to the benefit for all of us on our little planet. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new, dynamic research institutions turning to us for our more recent capacity-building training, publishing and discovery services.
We leverage leading-edge technology in an open collaboration with a range of innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform was released in July 2017, and is now in live operation at an initial set of research organisations.
We’re now extending the sales team with an Account Manager – Medical Sales position. We offer a competitive salary and great benefits like healthcare, housing and schooling allowances, a flexible vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 10 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid and inspiring views of Dubai. To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com