About the role
You’ll be responsible for the technical support towards everyone internally at Knowledge E. This includes the day-to-day response to any support queries as well as providing a proactive support service by elaborating documentation, training material and developing user guides. In addition, you will get to contribute to the support we provide our clients.
To deliver an excellent support experience, you should bring with you a profound wish to help others and a true passion for working with computers, software and IT-infrastructure.
Tech savvy with a lot of drive and are passionate about making your customers happy with the services you provide and are able to make them all feel they are special to you.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least five years’ experience of providing support services related to internal IT- administration, such as helping colleagues with any kinds of software and hardware issues, including ensuring a safe and robust network and internet
- Good skills in writing and developing well-structured user guides and other support documentation.
- Fluent in English
- University degree, for example in domains related to administration of hardware, software and networks.
- Experience of successfully carrying out trainings, and developing training material, especially videos and interactive
- Experience of working in the research & education domain, especially with university library support, including holdings management, authentication and discovery
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we are building the next generation platform bringing scientists, librarians and research managers together in a novel approach to research discovery, publishing and community engagement.
We’re a passionate team of 20+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a great deal easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to help advancing research and innovation. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new, dynamic research institutions turning to us for our more recent publishing, discovery and capacity-building training services.
We leverage leading edge technology in an open collaboration with a range of other innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform was released in 2017, and has successfully been rolled out across a set of initial client organisations.
We’re now extending the team with an internal IT-support person. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and get things done. We invest in people and technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, and we expect any applicant to be very service minded.
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits like healthcare, housing allowance, a flexible and generous vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 10 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid views of Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.