About the role
You’ll be responsible for the technical support towards everyone internally at Knowledge E and work closely with our current Customer Support Engineer to provide an outstanding customer support to our existing clients. This includes the day-to-day response to any support queries as well as providing a proactive support service by elaborating documentation, training material and developing user guides as well as occasionally deliver onsite and online training sessions.
To deliver an excellent support experience, you should bring with you a profound wish to help others and a true passion for working with both software and IT-infrastructure.
Tech savvy with a lot of drive and are passionate about making your customers happy with the services you provide and are able to make them all feel they are special to you.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- At least three years of experience providing internal IT support, such as helping colleagues with any kinds of software and hardware issues, and/or customer support services related to online web applications.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, for example with experience of developing well-structured user guides and other support documentation.
- Fluent in English
- University degree, for example in domains related to IT or Computer Science, with experience of programming, Content Management Systems (CMS), and similar.
- Experience of successfully carrying out trainings, and developing training material, especially videos and interactive guides.
- Experience of working in the research & education domain, especially with university library support, including holdings management, authentication and discovery services.
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E, we are building Zendy with the aim to radically facilitate access to academic literature. By addressing the key challenges that we face with traditional ways for finding relevant, high-quality, academic content, Zendy serves to provide peace of mind, a zen day, for all researchers and students.
We’re a passionate team of around 30 hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a great deal easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to help advancing research and innovation. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new research institutions turning to us for our more recent publishing, discovery and capacity-building training services.
We leverage leading edge technology in an open collaboration with a range of other innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform was released in 2017 towards institutions, and has successfully been rolled out across a set of initial client organisations. In 2018, the platform was launched as Zendy directly towards individuals.
We’re now extending the team with a Support Engineer, providing both internal IT-support as well as customer support. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and get things done. We invest in people and technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, and we expect any applicant to be very service minded.
We offer a competitive compensation, including great benefits like healthcare, housing allowance, a flexible vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid views over Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.