Start Date: March 11, 2018
End Date: March 12, 2018
Venue: Smart Village, Cairo, Egypt
This two-day intensive course will provide a practical approach on successful grant writing in the field of ICT/Telecommunications. This course will include an introduction to the ICT Work Programme 2018-2020 and to the most relevant ICT calls for proposals (based on which the participants must have already formulated a concrete project idea of 3-6 pages), followed by a review of the Grant Writing process.
Finally, the course will include a group exercise where participants will write a grant application based on an identified ICT call for proposal and their project idea(s).
This Course is ideal for:
- Academic researchers specialized in ICT/Telecommunications (e.g. software, hardware, robotics, Internet of Things, system communications, software-as-a-service/SaaS, Cybersecurity, X-Ray, etc.)
- Academic researchers with strong partnerships with entities from the European Union (EU)
- Academic researchers currently working with project partners from the EU
- Academic researchers with concrete project ideas and concepts ready for submission to the EU
- Academic researchers that have identified one or more ICT calls for proposals intending to submit a grant application to the latter
Miss Daniela Gomes
CEO and Managing Partner of Octopux Consulting
Miss Gomes is the CEO and Managing Partner of Octopux Consulting, a private company that provides professional services in a number of subjects based around EU Funding for Research & Innovation, lobbying, networking, training and business planning. She has extensive knowledge and expertise of the European Commission’s funding programmes like FP7, Horizon 2020, SME Instrument, ERASMUS+, Eurostars, EU Procurement and more. She is a public speaker, project manager, project evaluator, coach in EU funding, business & market analyst and expert in digital marketing. Having English, Portuguese and Cantonese as her 3 mother-tongues, she also speaks fluently French and Dutch, with an average command of Spanish and Catalán.
Her specialties include Bid Writing & Project Management in different EU funding programmes (FP7, Horizon 2020, COSME, Erasmus+, Creative Europe, Eurostars from EUREKA, EU Procurement, etc.), Exploitation & Dissemination of EU-funded projects, International Networking, Lobbying, Knowledge Transfer, Market Analysis, Business Planning, Strategy, PR, Training Courses, Executive Coaching, Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Management.