Are you experienced in start-ups, have a “doer” attitude and looking to join an agile team? Look no further! We are looking for a remote working Front-End Developer.
You will be responsible for front-end development, including working alongside a multi-disciplinary team including service design, to produce a visually compelling and user-centric application.
You will be working on the cloud-based platform Zendy.io which is created to provide individuals with access to scholarly research and literature. Your mission will be to enable end users to benefit from a beautiful user interface with a state-of-the-art, dynamic and intuitive navigation to build a large community of users.
To deliver excellent solutions, you should be able to turn design and wireframes into a visually compelling and user focused solution. It is also important that you stay up-to-date with latest trends and technologies in front-end design and patterns to make informed recommendations to the team.
Passionate about delivering a state-of-the-art user interface, and focused on providing a user centric responsive application.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- Pixel perfect design to website transformation
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- Previous experience with restful APIs
- Experience with relational databases
- At least 5 years of software development experience with client-side frameworks such as React, Vue, etc.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, XML and Bootstrap
- Experience with data visualisation frameworks, such as D3.js, Google Charts, chart.js
- Experience in start-ups
Zendy is an online platform created to provide individuals with access to scholarly research and literature. Zendy originates from the notion of building a more knowledgeable world, as there has never been a time where easy, affordable access to content has been more needed.
Current scholarly databases exist behind crippling paywalls or require university facilitated access, which is a challenge for individuals across the globe not affiliated with institutions. Access to scientific publications is particularly troublesome in developing countries, where many universities cannot afford the subscription databases required for advancing research and studies.
Zendy is working to remove barriers from scholarly discovery to make academic literature affordable and accessible to everyone, all academic and non-academic professionals, students, and knowledge enthusiasts.
We strive to build a world where:
- Scholarly discovery lives barrier-free.
- Every individual across the world has access to academic research and literature.
- Individuals across the world can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow.
Zendy is developed by Knowledge E in a growing collaboration with researchers, students, institutions, and publishers to facilitate the democratisation of knowledge. Discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy sources are crucial to learning and ultimately, a better quality of life.