Are you experienced in start-ups, have a “doer” attitude and looking to join an agile team? Look no further! We are looking for a remote working Full Stack Developer.
You will be working across the entire system architecture and be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining restful APIs, microservices and databases. You will be responsible for implementing full stack features and collaborate with the testers, and fellow developers to plan each sprint.
You will be working on the cloud-based platform Zendy.io which is created to provide individuals with access to scholarly research and literature. Your mission will be to enable end users to benefit from a beautiful user interface with a state-of-the-art, dynamic and intuitive navigation in order to build a large community of users.
To deliver excellent solutions, you should be able to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team in an agile environment.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- BS in computer science or equivalent
- Strong experience with TDD
- Comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- Previous experience with different Node.js frameworks like ExpressJS and Loopback
- Previous experience with Docker architecture
- Previous experience with microservice-oriented architecture
- Previous experience with restful APIs
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with client-side frameworks such as React, Vue, etc.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, XML
- At least 5 years of software development experience in Node.js, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment
- Experience in Machine Learning and AI
- Experience in start-ups
Zendy is an online platform created to provide individuals with access to scholarly research and literature. Zendy originates from the notion of building a more knowledgeable world, as there has never been a time where easy, affordable access to content has been more needed.
Current scholarly databases exist behind crippling paywalls or require university facilitated access, which is a challenge for individuals across the globe not affiliated with institutions. Access to scientific publications is particularly troublesome in developing countries, where many universities cannot afford the subscription databases required for advancing research and studies.
Zendy is working to remove barriers from scholarly discovery to make academic literature affordable and accessible to everyone, all academic and non-academic professionals, students, and knowledge enthusiasts.
We strive to build a world where:
- Scholarly discovery lives barrier-free.
- Every individual across the world has access to academic research and literature.
- Individuals across the world can take evidence-based steps towards building a better tomorrow.
Zendy is developed by Knowledge E in a growing collaboration with researchers, students, institutions, and publishers to facilitate the democratisation of knowledge. Discoverable, reliable, and trustworthy sources are crucial to learning and ultimately, a better quality of life.