This is an exciting opening for a Head of Publishing to manage the day to day operations of the publishing department and set the publishing strategy at Knowledge E.
You will be:
- Responsible for successful delivery of publishing projects to achieve strategic goals
- Developing the publishing offerings
- Leading and managing the publishing team to ensure objectives are met
- Devising and implementing publishing strategies, the business plan and annual budget
- Implementing efficient publishing processes and standards to ensure publications are on time and within budget
- Accelerating the growth of the online Open Access publishing platform, working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the planning and shaping of the companyʹs publishing programme
An experienced publishing professional with a commercial focus and experience of leading publishing strategies. We are looking for a talented individual with a proven track record within, and a passion for, the publishing industry.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Established senior editorial or production experience in professional, STM or educational publishing
- Experience of working with journals is essential and conference proceedings publishing experience would be advantageous
- Proven team management experience
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Native English speaker or equivalent level
- Experience working with web-based technology and management information systems
- In-depth understanding of the publishing industry and its workflow
- Ability to identify market needs and define services to address them
- University Degree
About Knowledge E
Established in 2012, Knowledge E’s name was fast to become synonymous with collaboration, professionalism and innovation. Head-quartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and supported by a team of 30 highly engaged professionals, Knowledge E works closely with over 100 clients world-wide from various types of organisations and government entities within the research and education sector to support their continued innovation and development. This is achieved by providing leading expertise, information resources and software solutions. Since its inception, Knowledge E has prudently expanded its expertise, services and technology in line with its vision of developing ‘a more knowledgeable world’.
Knowledge E’s three core offerings are the 3D’s; ‘Discover’, ‘Develop’ and ‘Disseminate’. ‘Discover’ through the KnE Digital Library Solutions powered by Zendy for research literature discovery, as well as tailored content packages; ‘Develop’ through the KnE Learning Programmes, supporting capacity building and skills development within academia as well as the KnE Consulting Projects, serving universities on their mission to become ‘world-class universities’; and ‘Disseminate’ through the KnE Publishing Services and the platform for Open Access publishing of regional journals and conference proceedings.
Knowledge E’s mission is to disseminate regional academic journal articles and conference papers to the broader global research community thereby creating a permanent, discoverable, archived, and Open Access record of high-quality scholarly content.
We are now extending the team in Dubai with a Head of Publishing. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and get things done. We invest in people and technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, and we expect any applicant to be very service minded. We offer a competitive compensation, including great benefits like healthcare, housing allowance and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid views over Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.