We are looking for a Junior Accountant supporting in carrying out day to day financial operations. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
You will be
- Issuing invoices and purchase orders
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information to the accounting software system as well as physical document filing
- Managing client credit collection
- Maintaining financial records, including for subsidiary companies
- Providing financial status information by preparing financial reports
- Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Maintaining customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Handling staff reimbursements by making sure it is recorded properly and issuing payment
- Managing petty cash
- Assisting with yearly audits and VAT returns
- Maintaining accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with financial legal requirements
- Working closely with the Accountant & Financial Controller as well as the sales team
- Other duties as assigned
A quality-oriented person with previous accounting experience who is passionate about numbers and with impeccable attention to detail. You have strong organisational and time management skills and work well under pressure and with important deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Proven experience in the capacity of a Junior Accountant at a minimum
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Familiarity with finance regulations including VAT
- Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors
- Hands-on experience with MS Excel and accounting software (e.g. xero)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Hands-on experience working with Salesforce
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
About Knowledge E
Established in 2012, Knowledge E’s name was fast to become synonymous with collaboration, professionalism and innovation. Head-quartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and supported by a team of 30 highly engaged professionals, Knowledge E works closely with over 100 clients world-wide from various types of organisations and government entities within the research and education sector to support their continued innovation and development. This is achieved by providing leading expertise, information resources and software solutions. Since its inception, Knowledge E has prudently expanded its expertise, services and technology in line with its vision of developing ‘a more knowledgeable world’.
Knowledge E’s three core offerings are the 3D’s; ‘Discover’, ‘Develop’ and ‘Disseminate’. ‘Discover’ through the KnE Digital Library Solutions powered by Zendy for research literature discovery, as well as tailored content packages; ‘Develop’ through the KnE Learning Programmes, supporting capacity building and skills development within academia as well as the KnE Consulting Projects, serving universities on their mission to become ‘world-class universities’; and ‘Disseminate’ through the KnE Publishing Services and the platform for Open Access publishing of regional journals and conference proceedings.
We are now extending the team in Dubai with a Junior Accountant. We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and get things done. We invest in people and technologies that help us deliver great services and experiences, and we expect any applicant to be very service minded. We offer a competitive compensation, including great benefits like healthcare, housing allowance and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid views over Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.