Knowledge E is planning to rapidly expand our professional training programme based on the successful implementation of more than 100 KnE training workshops delivered in the past two years. We are seeking an experienced professional to expand the training business to new communities and geographies through the implementation of innovative plans and ideas. This is a customer-facing role and the successful candidate will take responsibility for the following areas:
Manage the KnE Training Services including:
- Development of value proposition
- Curriculum development & preparation of commercial proposals
- Presenting to potential customers, conferences & events
- Supporting KnE sales teams to achieve targets
Project management: Liasing with existing customers including:
- Agreeing and modifying course programmes according to customer needs
- Creation of marketing collateral and promotional material
- Handling logistics (travel, participant hand-outs) and customer expectations
Recruiting & managing the speaker pool
- Identifying and recruiting opinion leaders to become speakers for our courses
- Agreeing speaker fees
- Maintaining speaker pool through regular contact and community building
Formalisation of KnE Learning programmes
- Seeking international and local accreditation for selected courses
- Securing endorsement and sponsorship in some cases
Maintain information systems
- Data capture, participant details, registrations, downloads etc.
Domain training will be given, however proven experience is a must.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- University degree in any subject
- Fluent English (required). Any additional language is considered an advantage.
- Demonstrable success in developing new business
- Knowledge and experience of working within the academic and training sector
- Interpersonal skills at multiple levels – Customers, speakers, participants
About Knowledge E
At Knowledge E we are building the next generation platform bringing scientists, librarians and research managers together in a novel approach to research discovery, publishing and community engagement.
We’re a passionate team of 20+ hands-on entrepreneurs, engineers and research domain experts that want to make the lives of researchers a bit easier and a bit more fun, and make as significant behind-the-scene-contributions as possible to advancing the research front to the benefit for all of us on our little planet. We’re well funded through our existing content subscription-based business and grow steadily through new, dynamic research institutions turning to us for our more recent publishing, discovery and capacity-building training services.
We leverage leading edge technology in an open collaboration with the Coko Foundation and a range of other innovative partners in the publishing and research domain. The first version of the new platform will be released in 2017, after private beta testing with leading research institutions.
We’re now extending the team in Dubai with a Training Services Manager, to expand the training business to new communities and geographies through the implementation of innovative plans and ideas. We are looking for team members who get things done, not like talking about getting things done.
We offer competitive salary and great benefits like healthcare, housing and schooling allowances, a flexible vacation policy, and more. We are based in the easily accessible X2 Tower in Jumeirah Lakes Towers, 5 minutes by foot from the metro, with splendid and inspiring views of Dubai.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.