Production Editor – Cairo (Freelance) or Dubai
Functions of the role:
Knowledge E is looking for a well-rounded professional to take responsibility for the following areas:
- Publication management: To manage the publication of conference proceedings and journals from receipt of accepted articles to publication: working with authors, editors, KnE staff and external organisations to ensure efficient publication workflows.
- Editorial management: to undertake basic quality checks of articles received for publication and work with publishers and service providers to ensure publication high quality articles. Allocate articles from conference proceedings to the correct subject series, select articles and imagery for special features
- Assist with company outreach: Coordinate research capacity building training workshops for researchers, journal editors, conference organisers, library and information professionals
- Assist with publishing engagement: Manage relationships with partner organisations including Crossref, ORCID, COPE, ALPSP, copy editors and conference organisers
- Marketing support: Work closely with the KnE team assisting with content and e-platform marketing, including providing electronic and print material, event organising and advertising placement
Training will be given, however proven experience will be an advantage.
Knowledge E founded to provide a rapid means of achieving the popular goal of shifting towards a knowledge-based society, an aim shared by many resource-based economies today.
The first part of any knowledge based society is access to tailored knowledge for the appropriate sections of society and Knowledge E has been providing access to millions of professionals throughout the Middle East to the archives of more than 20 international publishers. Conversely, a channel is needed for regional universities and research institutes to disseminate their own valuable research findings to fellow academics all over the world who are working on related studies and are often unaware of the proceedings of conferences in the Middle east and other emerging regions. Knowledge E has launched a publishing platform that provides the opportunity for universities to promote their research in electronic format. As a provider of evaluation and monitoring consulting services, Knowledge E offers training and editing services to the research community to advance their level of article writing and their general output from emerging regions and provides research evaluation and benchmarking expertise through our consulting service to academic, government and funding bodies.
Experience of working with or managing production of scholarly content – books, journals or conference proceedings.
Editing or managing the editorial process of a peer reviewed journal or a peer reviewed conference. Prior knowledge of international publishing ethics standards
Academic manuscript handling, from receiving an accepted manuscript from a journal editor or conference organizer to publishing it in final electronic form
Training or public speaking in an academic setting to large and varied groups of scholars. Managing relationships with speakers of these events
Managing relationships with key partners in the publishing or related fields
Marketing and promoting publishing services online, prior knowledge of international publishing advertising standards
Academic level and qualifications
University degree in any subject
Preferably an advanced degree in library or information science
Languages: Fluent English (required) and Arabic (an advantage)
Email your Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com