No matter what your job role and function, it is essential to understand the industry you are working in. Industry issues help shape strategy, suppliers’ actions and management decisions, and so it is important that everyone understands how the supply chain works and is aware of the key constituents and their motivations.
This course will give attendees an overview of the journals industry; it will introduce the key players and explain their roles, and will explain the entire publishing value chain including authors, societies, publishers, subscription agents, aggregators, A&I services, commercial search engines, library systems vendors, librarians and researchers. This course is essential for anyone who would like to develop their knowledge of the business of journals publishing.
- “Excellent one! The Organization is excellent and the Lecturer is excellent!”
- “Extend more than one day, for example 3 days.”
- “Well organized. The session is usefull for beginners and experienced practitioners. Well done!”
- “This course I had too much information about journals and library that will improve my skills and knowledge.”
- “As part of increasing the knowledge about the history and current journal situation, the course was perfect.”