Knowledge E is actively seeking applications from candidates who want to join an energetic, dedicated team of professionals for the role of ‘Production Copyeditor’. Since 2016, Knowledge E has published conference proceedings and academic journals on our proprietary open access platform and aims to add new talent to our growing publishing group in response to our expanding activities. The role will incorporate production tasks and copyediting of journal articles and proceedings papers.
The main two functions for this role are Production and Copyediting:
- Checking the source materials from the conference organizer and making sure they meet the submission check list
- Uploading the manuscripts to the submission system
- Generating the DOI sheet for the whole conference
- Setting the publication schedule with the production vendor
- Uploading and publishing the final materials to KnE website
- Handling any corrections after the publication from the organizer or the individual authors
- Uploading all KnE Published content to external permanent archive
- Sales Support: Working closely with the KnE sales team in the publishing services projects
- Ensuring the manuscripts are easy to read and error-free
- Liaising with the authors to address any comments or input and applying it along with Knowledge E in-house style
- Revising KnE marketing materials, documents, and content for correctness in terms of grammar, punctuation, spelling
- Concentration, accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and ability to multitask
- Self-learning and motivation
Qualifications & Experience
- Fluent in English is a must
- 2 years of experience as copyeditor
- University degree in any field
Note: Training will be provided for the production role
About Knowledge E
Knowledge E was founded to provide a rapid means of achieving the popular goal of shifting towards a knowledge-based society, an aim shared by many resource-based economies today.
The first part of any knowledge based society is access to tailored knowledge for the appropriate sections of society and Knowledge E has been providing access to millions of professionals throughout the Middle East to the archives of more than 20 international publishers. Knowledge E provides a range of capacity-building training courses for different user groups within the academic sector including researchers, librarians, journal editors. Through our learning programs, we aim to build the professional capacities of our learners by facilitating training on topics that align with international industry standards and reflect future trends. We actively leverage our domain expertise to deliver the highest quality of training solutions. We offer training on unique topics that range from foundation building to advanced skill set development.
We support the assertion that the foundation of a true knowledge economy is a learning community in which the people of a society have access to information; and a passion for sharing and receiving knowledge. We are proud to contribute to dissemination of knowledge throughout MENA region and we have specifically designed our workshops to enable active learning.
Our pedagogy focuses on achieving practical learning outcomes by engaging learners and delivering tangible results. Our interactive workshops combine content delivery with hands-on exercises to maximize retention and empower learners to achieve success beyond the classroom.
We now plan to expand the team with an keen, ambitious and motivated professional to fill the role of ‘Production Copyeditor’ will support the Knowledge E Publishing department.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.