To help institutions adopt this best practice and maximize their chances of winning the competition, user experience expert Paul Boag will be sharing his 23 years’ experience in building award-winning university sites. In this workshop, Paul will delve deeper into the competition assessment criteria, looking at subjects such as accessibility, relevancy, usability and engagement. He will explain why these matters and showcase examples of best practice from across higher education and beyond. Finally, there will be ample time for participants to explore issues specific to their institutions and draw upon Paul’s extensive experience of developing over 30 higher education websites.
This course is ideal for:
- University rankings committee members
- Web professionals
- Introduce attendees to techniques for identifying their key performance indicators and better understanding their audiences
- Explain the criteria for ‘best website competition’
The pedagogy for this workshop will be highly interactive; combining expert content delivery with hands-on exercises, group discussion, and co-creation of knowledge to maximize retention and empower learners to apply practical skills in their current roles.
- University and research center websites – Introduction
- Making your website accessible – how visible is your site on search engines?
- Website relevance – keeping in mind user demographics, and critical tasks
- Website usability – how your website aligns with user mental model
- User engagement – how compelling is the design?
Founder and Managing Director
Boagworks Ltd., United Kingdom
Paul is a leader in digital transformation and user experience design thinking. He has over 20 years’ experience working with clients such as Doctors Without Borders and the European Commission. He is the author of five books and a well-respected presenter.
Paul has been working on the Web since 1993. He is a user experience strategist who helps academic and corporate institutions make use of digital to better serve connected consumers and is a leader in digital strategy. Through consultancy, speaking, writing, training and mentoring he passionately promotes digital best practice. He is a regular speaker at conferences and author of four books including Digital Adaptation, as well as User Experience Revolution.‹ Back